Sunday, January 23, 2011

Chocolate Covered Strawberry "Green" Smoothie

So, I've been seeing the term "Green" smoothie a lot lately, but never really understood what it meant.

Since stepping into this lifestyle change, I've figured out what it means! It means blending green veggies (such as Spinach or Kale) with other vegetables and fruits...go ahead and read up on it more RIGHT HERE. Because I haven't even scratched the surface with that explanation haha.

Anyway, they are delicious!! I know what you're doing right now...you're turning your nose up, waving your arms back and forth and saying "No way, No how".

Well...

Get over it, chump.

They are SO good for you, and they aren't necessarily "Green" in color either, if that's your main issue. Depending on what you mix with them, they could be pink, red, blue, purple, brown...it goes on and on! And if your issue is the leafy greens...you can't even taste them. Ok...well you can taste Kale a little I think, but you can't taste the spinach AT ALL.

So here's the recipe for my first concoction, but don't worry...there will be many more down the road...I can assure you of that ;)

Ingredients:
  • 2 good hand fulls of baby spinach
  • 1 cup Unsweetened Chocolate Almond Milk
  • 1 container of Strawberry Greek Yogurt
  • Sweetener to taste (such as Agave Nectar or Stevia)
  • 1 1/2 cups of ice
Note: I would also recommend a bit of unsweetened cocoa powder and some frozen strawberries. I was out of both (well I had 2 frozen berries left...wth? LoL), but it would have been tastier with those things I think :)


Directions:
Throw spinach and milk in first and pulse a few times (just to get the spinach chopped up a little), then throw in your other ingredients and blend until it's to your desired consistency!

I garnished with  a frozen berry and a frozen banana treat
There are so many ways to make these smoothies your own! If you change up the recipe, We'd love to hear your suggestions or additions in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment