Sunday, January 23, 2011

Frozen Banana and Peanut Butter bites

I'm a major snacker in the evening while I'm watching TV, so I HAD to come up with something healthy to get me by!

I came up with these!

Ingredients:
  • 1 medium banana
  • 2 tbsp. Chocolate PB2 (powdered peanut butter)

Note: If you can't find PB2 it's perfectly fine to use Natural Peanut Butter, Almond Butter, or Sun Butter (if you have a peanut allergy). I find PB2 in my supermarket's Organic Section. If your supermarket doesn't have an Organic section, look in the Peanut Butter aisle or Order Online!

Directions:
  1. Cut banana in half length ways (like you would for a banana split) and smear the PB on to one side
  2. Put  the banana back together and wrap in plastic wrap. Place banana in freezer.
  3. When banana is completely frozen, take out and remove from plastic wrap. Cut into bite size slices (might be a little tough, so BE CAREFUL!) and enjoy! 

Note: If you don't plan on eating the entire banana right then, put the left over pieces in a freezer safe container or zip top bag so the pieces don't get mushy. ALSO, if you want an extra BANG! to the snack, dip in organic chocolate!
Remember your calories will change if you change the filling or dip into chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment