Monday, January 17, 2011

Egg-static about Protein!

I know, I know, it's an incredibly lame title, but it made you smile a little didn't it? Come on. I know it did ;)

Today's post is about a great way to get in lots of protein! That is...if you like eggs. If not, you better just skip this one ;)

I'm really terrible about eating meat and therefore, had to find another alternative to the protein dilemma...my resolution? Scrambled Eggs! Quick, Easy, Healthy :)

I know, I know...everyone knows how to make scrambled eggs, so I won't go into too much detail about it...but I just wanted to be sure and remind everyone about them. Sometimes people forget about them! And honestly...they are the perfect breakfast/lunch for the "not so hip on meat" or "SO tired of chicken" person ;) They keep you full for awhile (that means less snacking!) and they are a fantastic low-cal treat!

PLUS....you can dress them up a million and one different ways.

Here's how I did mine...

  • 1 large egg
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese (about a palm full if you don't want to measure)
  • Garlic Salt, Pepper, Onion Powder to taste 
  • 1 tablespoon Chunky Garden Salsa
Combine egg and whites (reserve your yolks for another recipe maybe!), cheese, and spices in a bowl. Pour the mixture into a small skillet sprayed with Olive Oil (if you don't have an Olive Oil Misto Bottle, I would use about a tsp....not much...just enough for the eggs to not stick) and scramble! When it's nice and firm dump it out onto a plate (or into a bowl) and put your salsa on top...then enjoy your fantastically easy 5 minute Protein boost :)
Other ways I've enjoyed my scrambled eggs lately?
Grated Parm instead of Cheddar Cheese
With Spinach! (Pics of this below!)
Add some Peppers and Onions
Enjoy it inside of a whole wheat wrap

See? The possibilities are endless! 

And don't worry...we'll add other egg-citing Egg recipes ;)

Nutrition for the combination posted above
Chelsie's Eggs With Spinach


No comments:

Post a Comment