Sunday, January 23, 2011

Italian Zucchini Sticks

Ok so I only made enough of these for one serving, so excuse the measurements (or lack thereof haha) I just sort of "winged" it ;)

These were VERY delicious though! Can't wait to have them again (probably this week) :)

And I used Italian Bread Crumbs, but I would have preferred Whole Wheat bread crumbs that I had seasoned myself...I just couldn't find them at the store...guess I'll have to make my own when I have some wheat bread that needs used up!

Ingredients:
  • 1/2 of a Medium/Large Zucchini (or 1 small)
  • 1/3 cup of Italian Bread Crumbs
  • 2 TBSP Parmesan Cheese
  • 1 large egg white
  • Extra Seasoning to Taste (I used Onion Powder and Garlic Salt and fresh Ground Pepper)
  • Spray Olive Oil
  • Marinara for dipping

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425ยบ. Spray a baking sheet with Olive Oil. 
  2. Cut your zucchini into sticks (like a French Fry). Put your bread crumbs/parm/spices into one bowl and your egg white in another bowl.
  3. Cover your zucchini sticks in egg white and then in the bread crumb mixture and place on the baking  sheet. When you've covered all of the sticks spray the sticks with Olive Oil and place into the oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown (I did turn mine once during baking).
  4. Serve while hot with marinara sauce!
Servings: 1


Original Recipe can be found HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment