Thursday, January 13, 2011

Zucchini Noodles

These "guiltless" noodles are ah-mazing!  Not only that, but they are so easy to do, low calorie and you are getting in some veggies instead of carbs!

Ingredients
Zucchini (one per serving)
Olive oil for coating
Garlic salt

Yep that's it!!

 First take your zucchini and your handy little veggie peeler and slice down the zucchini creating your "noodles" until you have them all peeled up.








Then take your olive oil and a light coating to your pan. To save calories, use the Misto bottle! I love this thing!! If you are anything like I was, you just dump the oil into the pan right? Well that's adding a lot of extra calories. One tablespoon of olive oil is 120 calories, when you just dump it in the pan, you are getting around 3 to 4 spoon fulls easy. With the sprayer, I might get 1 at most!!

Okay now that your pan is coated, turn your burner on medium high heat, put all your zucchini into the pan.



You want to cook it until it starts to get the nice golden edges. I let mine sit for a bit then stir, once it starts to brown up, it goes pretty fast. Actually the whole meal is fast. Less then 10 minutes total I'd say.
 At this point I add my garlic salt. You could add it at anytime, and you could skip the sodium and add just garlic if you wanted.  See how nice and golden they are starting to look? Oh and the smell is just delish!!

I consider these ready to eat! Time to pour them into my bowl and gobble them up :)



No comments:

Post a Comment